This morning pick-me-up recipe is packed with great taste and a ton of vitamins and minerals. This recipe also pack the calories too. At 567 calories, it can be a great post-workout snack or meal replacement. Some readers may be shocked by the calorie number, however, when you look at the ingredients, you’ll see that the calories are coming from fresh and non-sweetened foods. The fats, carbs, and protein all come from natural sources. What that means is that you’re getting a healthy heaping of macro- and micronutrients!
You can swap out the mangos with other fruit of your choice. I sometimes will replace them with mixed berries or strawberries. I find this to be an easy grab n’go breakfast or snack when I don’t have too much time on my hands.
– 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
– 1/2 medium banana
– 1 tbsp chia seeds
– 1 tbsp hemp hearts
– 2 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
– 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 2 tbsp no salt nut/seed mix (walnuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, peanuts)
– 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
– 1/2 mango diced (or other fruit)
– 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1. In a sealable jar or container, mix old-fashioned oats, banana, chia seeds, hemp hearts, almond butter, and almond milk into the bottom. Using a fork, mash banana a mix contents well.
2. Seal jar or container and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
3. Layer nut/seed mix, Greek yogurt, and mango (fruit) over base contents.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon on top and enjoy!
Saturated fat: 3g
Polyunsat fat: 7g
Monounsat fat: 10g
Vitamin A: 42%
Vitamin C: 30%